Last night friend and Pastor Jamie Page, Lead Pastor of The Church in DeKalb, came out to teach the youth of Redeemer Fellowship (and others) his "secret sauce" of Bible study. Considering he shares it with everyone, I'm not sure how secret it is, but that's a conversation for another time. Here are his 7 (technically 8, but I didn't want to argue with him) questions that he claims can be applied to ANY biblical text to get to the Gospel (we walked through Psalm 24).
- What does this text say about God?
- What does this text say about people?
- What does this text tell me to do?
- How am I not doing it?
- How did Jesus do it perfectly?
- How does Jesus take away my sin? How do I see Jesus' life as a benefit leading towards righteousness?
- Because the Gospel is true, now what?
As these questions are worked through, they should lead to 3 things:
- Love (for God and others)
- Service (being on mission)